Thursday, August 18, 2011

B/X Stocking Chart

For some reason, the way the stocking chart is laid out in the Moldvay basic book makes my brain slam on the brakes. I can't explain why, but the second part (whether or not there is treasure) just doesn't match up with how my mind works, and I always find myself staring at it for a few seconds.

So I made this to use instead, which has the added benefit of letting me use one of my funny dice. I found myself always coming up with fewer empties than I like, so I added an additional chance of an empty. You could just as easily use two different color d6's if you think empties are fine as they are.


I could have spent some time prettying it up - inking, adding color, and so forth - but right now I'm more interested in the utility, as I have lots of rooms to populate.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.