Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dirt Cheap Entry into Gaming


I happened upon this while wandering about Amazon. There apparently is a glut of D&D 3.0 PHBs for less than a dollar. Add in the standard $3.99 shipping for used books on Amazon, and you are still below the $5.00 mark.

Anyways, I just thought it might be a good way to get like 4-6 books and start a new group up. I think Zak has shown us that we needn't be afraid of d20 D&D, and you can make it as simple or complex as you like.

I recently got back my 3.0 rulebooks that were out in limbo in one of those perma-borrow situations. After having played Pathfinder for a while, I was very surprised to see how low-power these rules were when held up against Pathfinder. Wizards have d4 hit dice, barbarians start out being able to rage once a day instead of like a bajillion times, etc. Plus 3.0 seems to have less focus on the use of miniatures than 3.5 (seems that way to me - not sure if it's really true).

Anyways, I just thought I'd pass along the information in case anyone wanted to take advantage of a superb deal.