Monday, April 24, 2023

WIZARD ROBBERS

 I recently received my DCC RPG Dying Earth shipment, and wow was there a lot of stuff in there! I was anxious to get right in and start playing with some of it, but I didn't have the gumption to dig into all the new rules and classes and stuff (there will be time for that later). So instead I just invited some friends over and used the Tiny Dungeon 1E rules, along with some of the charts from Dying Earth for backgrounds, animus, equipment and so forth. I grabbed one of the magician's manses from what I assume is a stretch goal book, and we set about on an adventure to burglarize a wizard!

It was really fun. There is a lot of great material in the boxed set. So much in fact, it is a bit intimidating! 

But Tiny Dungeon turned out to be a great solution for enjoying the material almost immediately. It's a really great little system that just gets out of your way and lets you imagine the sort of game you want to play. Plus there are enough manses provided in the Dying Earth boxed set that you could base an entire mini-campaign around being a gang of WIZARD ROBBERS!

Here are the character sheets (border ripped from the old Planet Algol sheets by Lester B. Portly), photographed by my friend Dragon Warrior (I know him as Steve) of Epic Levels:





No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.