Two players, with 5 PCs each entered the manor, and made use of the map shared by the previous explorers. They explored the majority of the ground level, and found stairs going both down and up, but chose to limit their shenannigans to the first floor.
Here are some highlights from the adventure, in no particular order:
- Animated curtains began to strangle two adventurers, but the curtains were foiled by a well-thrown bear trap and later burned.
- A well-stocked library attended by a powerful yet crazy magician. One of the PCs attacked him, and she was turned to stone for her efforts. The others perused the books and were each allowed to check out a book, being told that they must be returned in 4 weeks. Books checked out were a treatise on all matter of slimes and oozes, a book on fishing, and two tomes dedicated to the accurate valuation of works of art and fine furniture, respectively. Successful study of these books may aid the adventurers in the future...
- A black pudding was encountered, and sent through the floor to the lower level of the manor.
- A ballroom full of dancing ghosts was discovered. The ghosts seemed to pay no mind to the adventurers, but some clumsy navigation of the room led to one of the PCs brushing up against a dancing ghost. The cold chill of death caused the PC to die where he stood.
- A room full of bowling ghouls was discovered. The PCs fled immediately!
- There was a locked door in the northeast quadrant of the manor that the adventurers were unable to gain access to.
- An armory was discovered, but a suit of plate animated and sent an adventurer or two to their graves.
- Some sort of magical painting depicting a great battle was discovered. At some point, a barrage of arrows flew forth from the painting, killing yet another PC.
- Treasure taken from the manor includes a magic sword, a ring of telekinesis, a dragon control potion, a bottle of elvish whimsey wine, and miscellaneous items to the tune of a ~3,000 gp value. An encrypted treasure map was reported to be found as well.
Here are the adventurers that met their demise at the hands of Nagle Manor, illustrated by Mason:
|Big Lurch - death by cursed scroll|
|Dweebal Zappo - bumped into a dancing ghost|
|Moonbeam Zappo - pissed off the librarian and was turned to stone|
|Moonshine Bloodgood - killed by arrows fired from a magical painting|
|Stephan Suxley - killed by animated suit of armor|
|Ulthon Steelhide - also killed by animated suit of armor|
The following adventurers made it home, did some partying, and two of them advanced to level 1 somebodies:
|Jim Titanium - advanced to 1st-level Fighting-Man|
|Jim Titanium action shot|
|Scarecrow Hooker - advanced to 1st-level Thief|
|Gordo Murvin - promoted to henchman of Jim Titanium. Hey, it's better than being dead!|
|Gordo enjoying his one true love - fishing!|
|Barkbeard Woodsack - Scarecrow Hooker's new meatshield|