|Doug Kovacs - DCC #70|
My personal image of berserkers will be forever be influenced by the ones +Evan Elkins killed one of my characters with in his Nightwick Abbey. I was one-shotted by one of these guys. They were wearing human skin skullcaps, and I think their "leather" armor was made of human skin as well. I learned that just because you're on level 1, charging in like a dummy is still charging in like a dummy.
Basically, berserkers are men who have been supernaturally corrupted by hanging out in the underworld way too long. They have become bloodthirsty leatherface-type guys who cannot speak or do much of anything except kill. Bright light, such as a torch or lantern held to the face, will usually stun them for a round if they can't make a save against stoning.
WHAT ARE THESE BERSERKERS YOU JUST STUMBLED ACROSS DOING? (if surprised)
- Eating a person
- Drinking blood from a skull
- Sewing some armor/clothes from human skin
- Sharpening bones into various stabbing implements
- Mutilating themselves
- Carving profane slogans into each others' backs and high-fiving each other
- Smoking PCP and playing Grand Theft Auto
- Having naked wrestling matches with a random dungeon monster from level 3.
WHAT DO THE BERSERKERS WEAR?
- Miscellaneous heavy metal concert t-shirts
- Naked, but body completely painted in blood; human skin masks
- Daisy Dukes, mesh trucker caps and wife beaters
- Jeans and jean jackets (i.e. "Canadian Tuxedo")
- S&M leathers
- GWAR gear
WHAT DO THEY WIELD?
- lead pipes
- spiked chains
- clubs, coated in resin and rolled in broken glass
- nothing. will charge and tackle opponents, headbutt, claw at eyes, bite faces, etc.
- iron spikes
- rusty glaives
WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY CRIT (19-20)?
Roll two exploding damage dice (d8s)
WHAT KINDS OF INCIDENTAL TREASURE CAN BE FOUND ON A BERSERKER?
- 1d12 black metal coins of questionable worth
- 2d20 teeth of various sorts (1 in 6 chance of a gold one)
- 10' rope made of human hair
- lump of soul coal
- bits of metal suitable for body piercing (if santized)
- a half-rotted eyeball
- a pair of testacles
- butterfly knife
- spell scroll. 80% chance it has been used as toilet paper.
Post a Comment
As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.