Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'm not dead yet...

What's up suckas! It's been like 13+ months since I made a post, but I'm still around. I haven't played any RPGs since last December, when I passed the DM torch along in my game store group so I could take a class. But the itch has been coming back! My buddy has looked over the D&D 5E Basic PDF and is interested in running a game. That motherfucker better follow through!


I've also bought into The Chained Coffin and Peril on the Purple Planet kickstarters, and I've been itching to get a new DCC campaign going. I just have to organize all this stuff into something I could actually do:

  • I want to use the 5 sets of dwarven forge tiles I got from their first kickstarter. I can get my sister to come over and help me drybrush them. It will be a good excuse for us to hang out.
  • I also have a box full of D&D/Pathfinder plastic minis, not to mention the Reaper Vampire package I have (which I'm certain I'll never have time to paint).
  • I want to have a campaign on a weird planet (think Carcosa/Purple Planet).
  • I want to use a minimal set of materials to run the campaign.
  • I want to use a bunch of the stuff on my shelves that I've never gotten to use.
This is the problem with campaigns. I always have a bunch of things I want to do that conflict with each other. I want everything to be weird, but if I use minis, well that's all standard monsters. I want to keep things simple, but then I get the itch to use every shiny supplement that glimmers out of the corner of my eye.

Another idea I had was to just roll up some dudes and start working through some DCC modules. I have all except the very latest few. I could just grant a level upon completion of a module, and we could just hand-wave what happens between adventures. Seems like a fun and laid-back way to play.

I guess I just have to figure out what I want to do most, and start down that path. 

Anyways, I've been scrolling through my G+ stream and I'm glad to see the awesomeness is still flowing strongly out there. If there are any newer people/blogs from the past year you think I should know about, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.